We’ve got an exciting new opportunity for students with an FA Level 2 coaching qualification with experience of coaching junior football, ideally in a school setting, to become Community Football Activators!
What will I be doing?
You will be working alongside the MMU Sport team to deliver skill based sessions within local schools over a six to eight week period starting on February 22nd.
Our activators will be planning a delivery of football sessions at an assigned school, including delivering a programme that will help participants progress during the sessions, learning the fundamental skills of the sport.
All of our activators will also be assigned a volunteer to support delivery.
What will I learn?
You’ll gain a number of skills from this opportunity, including:
- Organisational skills
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Project management
- Professional references (upon request)
What is the person specification?
We’re looking for people with the following skills:
- FA Level 2 qualification
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Experience of coaching in a school and community setting
- Experience of evaluating the effectiveness of coaching sessions and programmes
- Able to communicate effectively with a range of people
- Ability to work efficiently on own initiative and maintain a high standard of work
- Reliable and dependable
- Understanding of child protection and health and safety issues
- Able to adapt coaching sessions to participants
- Able to encourage, motivate and enthuse young people to participate in football
- Commitment to attend all sessions during the six to eight week programme
How much will I be paid?
You’ll be paid £14.98 per hour.
How do I apply for this opportunity?
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV and a short cover letter to Jonathan Fletcher, Sport Development Manager, on J.Fletcher@mmu.ac.uk by Friday 5th February.