Exercise to the tranquility of the birds, before the hustle and bustle of the city life awakes.
Our boot camp classes with Luan Le are designed to get maximum results in the shortest possible time frame. Luan uses a combination of cardio training to improve fitness and strength training for muscle sculpting. The sessions will be fun, varied and motivational and are suitable for all ages and levels of ability as exercises can and will be adapted to your needs.
The class is 50 mins long and is a combination of both strength and cardio. Typical exercises include jacks, lunges, squats, push ups, mountain climbers, burpees, planks. Classes will be mostly outdoors so you’ll get the extra benefit of fresh air and sunshine. There won’t be any equipment, just body weight resistance exercises so you can even take your favourite exercises to your local park. To mix it up (and if the weather turns awful) we might sometimes use Luan’s studio if available.
You’ll be pushed – but not beyond your limitations and don’t worry about breaking into it, you will be encouraged to rest when needed, especially on your first few sessions. This will be the most fun and friendly bootcamp you can imagine!
Our top reasons why you should work out in the morning
1. You’ll feel less stressed when you get to work
People who exercise regularly report feeling more empowered and all around better about their work-life balance.
2. You might start choosing healthy options as your first choice
You start the day on such a good foot that the fruit salad or salad bar in the business school café might start to seem more appealing.
3. You’ll start your day in an fantastic mood
Even if you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, a morning workout will boost your endorphins. You might even end up whistling to work!
4. You’ll have office bragging rights
You can get in the office at 8:45 and say things like, “The funniest thing happened at boot camp this morning!” … then watch the jaws drop.
5. You’ll give the best of the day to you.
Lunch times get crunched. After work, you’re too tired for a workout. By exercising at the start of the day, you’ll be giving your body your best energy levels, even if it doesn’t feel like it when the alarm goes off!
When does the programme start and where will it take place?
- Starting Tuesday 17th May
- Please meet at the home of Gym72, 72 Sackville St, Manchester M1 3NJ,
- Arrive for 7:00am to warm up, with the session running until 8am,
- The ten-week programme is FREE! It includes pre and post weight and body fat percentage measurements. You must book all ten weeks – no single bookings allowed
- To book onto this package email Abi Dean and firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting MMUTUE.
If you have any questions about the programme, then please get in touch with Abi, our Active Lifestyle Officer, on A.Dean@mmu.ac.uk.